Looking to be more eco-friendly? You can start in the bathroom – here are a few tips to try:
- Switch to Solid Soap – Instead of liquid hand soap or shower gel, switch to bar soap to reduce packaging waste.
- Try a Bamboo Toothbrush – The next time you need to buy a new toothbrush, try a sustainable one made out of biodegradable ingredients like bamboo, which prevent plastic waste.
- Ditch the Wipes – Prevent waste by replacing disposable wipes with washcloths or reusable cotton pads.
- Avoid Plastic – Aim to buy products in bulk or in recyclable or biodegradable packaging.
- Choose Sustainable Toilet Paper – Aim to buy from sustainable brands that use recycled or eco-friendly materials.
- Conserve Water – While you wait for your shower to heat up, collect the cold water in a bucket or pitcher to later use to water your plants.
Trying out any of these tips can help reduce your carbon footprint, so pick one and give it a go!