Ready for your summer vay-cay? Before you book a trip, consider trying out a few eco-friendly vacation tips. Adopting sustainable practices when you’re traveling will reduce waste and your carbon footprint and might also save you some money in the process. Whether you’re a zero-waste newbie or a professional, there’s always something you can do to make your travels a bit greener.
- You can also aim to avoid travel-sized items and instead use refillable travel-sized containers to prevent waste. OR you can by solid bar shampoos.
- Use zero-waste sunscreens – believe it or not, normal sunscreens are extremely toxic to the ocean and the coral reefs so make sure you choose an eco-friendly sunscreen.
- Take your own reusable water bottles/ coffee cups, reusable straws, and sustainable utensils to avoid single-use plastics.
- Preserve the wildlife – be mindful when you swim as to not touch the coral or wildlife to not only protect yourself but the environment too. It is their home!
- Use a towel made of natural fibers and that won’t shed microplastics. The same goes for your swimwear and beach clothing.
- Ditch the plastic bags and take a zero-waste reusable shopping bag for daily essentials and shopping trips.