Silver Ropes Volunteer Group Food Bank of the Rockies Day – Thursday, Feb. 9, 1 – 4 p.m.
On Thursday, February 9, we will again sort food and build food boxes at the Food Bank of the Rockies. The work will be at the main warehouse. The Food Bank requires that to reserve our space all volunteers need to be signed up at least two weeks prior to the volunteer for the shift. We have 20 slots so please register soon. The work is for three hours, it’s hard but satisfying to sort and package meals for thousands of local residents. Denny Head will be sending out a link to the Silver Ropes volunteers to register. If your not a Silver Ropes Volunteer and would like to start the year off helping others, please contact Denny Head at email@example.com. The work does good and makes you feel good.
Here’s the link to sign up for the February project at the Food Bank of the Rockies.
The Lowry Foundation Silver Ropes Volunteer Corps is relaunching the biweekly, smaller group volunteer programs at:
- The Denver Rescue Mission sorting clothing for their clothing shop.
- Denver General “Newborns in Need” creating baby packages for low-income mothers.
Both programs were very popular last year. The work is light, the shifts are only two to three hours, but most importantly the work is meaningful.
Carpooling was popular last year and we can re-implement it for both programs if we have requests for it to carpool. email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Denver Rescue Mission Outreach Center Clothing Room Volunteers –
second and fourth Thursdays of each month
- Times for both sessions are12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Up to five volunteers.
- Carpooling will be available if we have requests for it. To carpool email email@example.com
- For the Denver Ministry warehouse, there are no Covid restrictions (proof or mask required)
To register, click on the link below, select date, and register as a group (Silver Ropes)
Register for Denver Rescue Mission
Denver General Hospital Newborns in Need – first and third Wednesdays of each month
- Times for both sessions would be 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Up to 5 volunteers.
- Location 6th Ave and Bannock St.
- Carpooling will be available. Meet at Noon at 510 Syracuse to carpool. email firstname.lastname@example.org If you would like to carpool.
- To volunteer and register email email@example.com
- Sharon H. Mushkin
- Denver Health, Program Coordinator
- Newborns in Need
- 303-638-2800 cell
Lowry Foundation Silver Ropes Volunteer Corps
For more information contact Denny Head, Volunteer Coordinator, 303-886-3512 firstname.lastname@example.org